A Talk about Money & Career @ Youth

Posted 8:26 AM by Samuel Moo in

Last Saturday, Fiona and I was invited to a talk and youth celebration @ Basel Church by Catherine. Before this talk, i went to a talk about the exist of third world, a speech given by A guy, forgot about his name, but anyway, it was a good speech to listen, not quite interesting, but do learn about what happen and what is devil inside the bible.
So, Catherine was so excited about last Saturday talk because it was about money and future career. Okay, sounds cool right? Hmm, at first i was impressed because finally got chance to listen to money talk in bible perceptions.

Wookay, let's me brief about whats the talk about. Very disappointed for me, its worth to listen this speech, as the lady who give this speech talks about bible gospel, that is we cannot be too proud and think we are smart to do anything successfully without God's help. I think we should put faith on God, as I'm now trying my best to pray every night and morning. Wish I can be with God more often.

Whats she talked about that night?
1. Jobs, everyone need job to earn money to survive, or work for money whole life.
-- For me, job is important, but not to earn money, is to learn how money for people.
2. Doctors can earn a lot of money.
-- Yes this is true, but without hard work and financial intelligence, a lot of money may not solve the problems, it can also create problems. Eg. A doctor may spend all his money on cars, which is liabilities for me as I need to pay maintainance fee every month, but do not help me to generate more cashflow. House is not an asset for me, but rental houses are! But we do need to find a great real estate deal by a bit of hard work, such as doing calculation of the deal ( which i am doing a program about REAL ESTATE CALCULATION TOOLS for my I.T programming task.)
3. Save in the bank and earn interest.
-- Huh, no way for me. I do save, when? I save every month for Emergency fund, which is very important i guess. Saving in deposit is not an investing tactic for me, it is ridiculous stupid for me to save money that drop value every years, due to inflation. No way.
4. Work hard for money, and get out of DEBTS.
-- Is it debts are bad? every debts? nope, there are good debts and bad debts. Good debts can get you rich. The financial institution consider these three qualification, mostly:

  • Does the property produce enough income to cover the expenses and mortgage?
  • What is the condition of the property?
  • What is the financial position of the borrower?
In real estate financing, the borrower (the investor), is number three on the priority list. In other words, a strong cash flowing property in good condition will almost always outweigh the poor credit (or no credit) of the borrower.

REMEMBER ONLY DO SOMETHING THAT YOU UNDERSTAND
however, don afraid of trying, learn from experiences or other people experience.
Make use of debts to get rich =)

Among all she taught us, I agree in two part, must be hardworking and discipline, and trust God. God really will help us, I love God, Just need to put some faith!=)


0 comment(s) to... “A Talk about Money & Career @ Youth”

0 comments:

Post a Comment