The 12 Bad Habits That Hold Good People Back by Waldroop and Butler

Posted 1:28 AM by Samuel Moo in
Exam is around the corner, 43 days left for preparation for S.a.m subjects which are ESL, Economics, Accounting studies, legal studies and I.T studies. The time is running out, and still don't have to mood to sacrifice all my personal time into studies ONLY. My life will be damn bored if every week, 7 days, 24 hours a day with a books. I usually do update my Facebook, twitter, geeks blog which I talk about geeks stuff and Google reader to read the latest news and information around the world. One of the interesting stuff that I read from Google reader yesterday, I found an article about leadership, and inside, he recommended a book. And I have learned some lessons from a book name The 12 Bad Habits That Hold Good People Back.
Okay
in this book, let me brief the 12 bad habits that the authors examine:
  1. "Never Feeling Good Enough." Don pressure yourself too much. Sometimes we should relax a bit and feel good. "You often think you're over your head."
  2. "Seeing the World in Black and White." For some people are too motivated towards success, achievement and power. Even they din't look for any conflict, they usually run into problems with people.
  3. "Doing Too Much, Pushing Too Hard." Sometimes i did push myself quite hard to achieve what I want to get, I thought it was good at first, but it actually joyless, pressure, unhappy, tired, and too obsessive. I think I should schedule my time and manage it wisely.
  4. "Avoiding Conflict at Any Cost." Okay, avoiding conflicts at anytime are bad. Sometimes I do suppress my feelings when I do not know how to solve the conflict. But only for sometimes, for some reasons. However, I usually will express my feelings and my thoughts in order to solve it. This works well. Don run away from any mistakes or conflicts, face it at any cost, it will make a differences.
  5. "Running Roughshod Over the Opposition." What is this sentence suppose to be meant? This means a person who is hyper active in doing anything without consideration and thinking. He is very aggressive and never learned how to move from resistances but over or through it.
  6. "Rebel Looking for a Cause." Everything happens for a reason. Every action has a reaction. And everything has a Cause! Honest to yourself, be calm and think for what reason that this would happens, this will change everything, and you deserves it. I would suggest everyone learned from mistakes and remember to admit what you have did thats wrong.
  7. "Always Swinging for the Fence." Do not over confident in small accomplishment. Yes, this is true, this is really a bad habit for me. When I achieved something that is my goal, I felt proud of it. And I lost my will and determination. This is bad, I will learn from my lesson and become the top of the top, and the best of the best in order to achieve my dreams.
  8. "When Fear Is in the Driver's Seat." Known as Pessimist worrier. Some people will have a negative values of life, they see everything with a negative outcomes. In my point of view, it is a fear, a fear of losing, a fear of anything bad happens. Fear is the most worst enemy ever in our own life. Everyone has fear, as for me , I do have many fears. I fear about losing anything value to me, fear of failing SAM course, and fear of losing money. It is very common. However, there is a quote from Prison Break season 1, by Michael Scofield , he said, Fear actually is just an air, or oxygen. When you face it, it will disappear. I like this quote, and from Robert Kiyosaki books, he said that we should face our fear, losing money is doesn't matter, at least we face it and take a baby step. So, I will face every fears that I got now, face it, and make a change for my life.
  9. "Emotionally Tone-deaf." "You have the inability to feel emotions or understand them in others. You're incapable of deceit and courageous - but also joyless and incapable of love."(

    By: Jim Hasse)

  10. "When No Job Is Good Enough." Sometimes, people may think that they deserved a top career without putting any efforts or working way up to the top. For me, to become a leader, first, we need learn how to be a team members and work together as a team. To become a speaker, we need to learn how to listen and take notes of what the speaker talking about. Yes for my dream, actually is build a successful business. But without failures or challenges during my business building, I will not succeed my dream, I will start to learn how to work as an employee then build up my business.
  11. "Lacking a Sense of Boundaries."
  12. "Losing the Path." Sometimes, losing your sight or feel goalless with your life are very common. I lost my target, my determination towards my goal, I don't know what am I doing? Wasting my time. But after that, I'm awake, I can't stand of my life without goal. It is not meaningful for me, but not to push so hard too. I have a lot of things to do and to learn. Thats why I'm making a habit to read useful books, news and more information from the internet, learn life skill and also study hard for my exam == which i hate the most.
So, this book allowed someone to learned from the mistake or bad habits, rather than just read or know about good habits, we should know both so that we can really learned something and use it throughout our entire life.


0 comment(s) to... “The 12 Bad Habits That Hold Good People Back by Waldroop and Butler”

0 comments:

Post a Comment